Friday, January 9, 2009

WHITE OUT IN GRAND FORKS - UND

It was intense, a bit daunting, and just plain not safe to be in that environment. It was about 18 years ago, while driving, that I experienced my first “white out.” I couldn’t see the front of my car in the midst of the pervasiveness of the white. My son vomited in the back seat because of the swirling. After a while he didn’t even dare look. Bonnie and I watched the lines on the road to make sure we didn’t lose our way. We were all experiencing the Force of the North.

Tonight, Grand Forks is expecting another white out! We are excited about it and working to make it happen! It will be an environment swirling in power and intensity. The University of Minnesota, the Gophers (RODENTS THAT DWELL IN HOLES IN THE GROUND) will be making an appearance at the University of North Dakota: Home of the Fighting Sioux. The crowd will be dressed in white and our hockey team is expected to drive the rodents into a hole in the ice.
They will experience the Force of the North!

If UND sweeps, which I fully expect, our worship director (who woefully holds onto his Gopher fan -i-ness) will be wearing a University of North Dakota jersey for the morning (except during worship – we don’t want to get too out of balance : ).



a partner in the gospel (and hockey fan)
Paul Knight

P.S. Hope people will gather at Mike's Pizza in EGF after the game (in the lower level). Sorrowful gopher fans from Hope are welcome too -- Unity in the essentials, freedom in the non-essentials, and love in all things!

7 comments:

  1. Sioux Yeah Yeah!!! I'm sure it will be an intense game. Go Sioux!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking the Sioux fans will be the one's that will be sorrowful tonight!! See you for pizza!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops -- location change for tonight's after the game gathering of HOPE people...we will be at Mike's Pizza in EGF not at Rombus -- please spread the word...

    PFK

    ReplyDelete
  4. So will the tables turn on Sunday if the Gophers win....will YOU be wearing the Gopher jersey if we win??!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well havn't even entertained the possibility... Yes, the tables will be turned and I will have to don Rodent Wear.... if in the eventuality that the Gophers sweep in our house.
    (I hope I am not humbled)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make some noise!! Game 2 is ready to rumble, wave to the sound guy...that's me! Be sure and bring the brooms....

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on UND! Amazing games! Great team work, and great action! :-)
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stepping into the Spotlight (my blog). To help in facilitating good open and honest communication (in the Light), please identify yourself when commenting. I will be deleting annonymous comments (see my post: When You Want to Comment Here).
Pastor Paul