Monday, November 10, 2008

FIREPROOF -- The Movie



I was walking out of the theater with my wife Bonnie and in the midst of several people, many who happened to be from our church, when one of the ladies in the group said; “That was the best movie I have ever seen in my life!” To which I foolishly responded, “Come on – it was a good movie, but not the best you’ve ever seen.” Without any hesitation, not just one, but several people swung their heads in my direction with their eyes still red and a bit swollen, a few still gripping their Kleenex, they glared at me. Even a man or two! A shiver ran up my spine and I hoped they were all followers of Christ. “OK – it might have been,” I offered, still a bit fearful that I might be beaten with wet tissues.

I was very impressed with the film FIREPROOF. This is one I do encourage you to see. I recommend it. I strongly recommend it. Yes, it is surely a low budget film. but even with its lower production value the movie is not disappointing.

Firefighters have a saying: “Never leave your partner behind.” That is a powerful truth and the message comes out clearly in this film. I will be purchasing a copy of this film for our library.

One of my buddies says I build movies up to the point where they can’t live up to the expectations – He has already seen this so – GO SEE IT!

Your partner in the gospel,
Pastor Paul

1 comment:

  1. I agree, great movie. I'm pretty critical of movies and will not go to see many, but this one was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stepping into the Spotlight (my blog). To help in facilitating good open and honest communication (in the Light), please identify yourself when commenting. I will be deleting annonymous comments (see my post: When You Want to Comment Here).
Pastor Paul